In the year 2003, the Khasi Jaintia Presbyterian Synod (West) had their first gathering in a village called Mawkyrwat in the West Khasi Hills of Meghalaya. In this meeting it was decided to hold an ongoing chain-prayer movement for God to bring revival in the land once again as it happened a hundred years ago during 1905-06. As such it was also decided that the doors of the chapels would remain open every morning for believers to gather for prayers. They all acknowledged the fact that there was a major spiritual decline in the church and in the moral lifestyle of the people in general. This made the church to turn to the Lord in expectancy that He would send a fresh wave of renewal and transformation once again.
Meanwhile, beside the Presbyterian, many other churches of different denominational background in Shillong and Meghalaya had been having similar burden and were beginning to pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the land, for God to send revival once again. And the God of Harvest did listened to the prayers and cries of His people, and in His everlasting mercy and grace, showered His blessings by pouring out His Spirit in an unprecedented manner among hundreds and thousands of people. Church buildings in many places were being filled with people especially youngsters who were crying with tears of repentance and seeking God in prayer at times throughout the night. Lives were being transformed. There began to grow a deeper hunger for God in the lives of believers than it ever was before.
Copyright 2006 Reuben Pradhan